Credibility Plus Visibility Equals Profitability
Have you heard about the formula C + V = P, or in other words, Credibility ( C ) plus Visibility (V) equals Profitability (P)? We are able to apply this formula to the web world.
The Baby Boomers and the Internet
Let’s look back to history for some information about notable generations. If you are a Baby Boomer (1946 – 1964) chances are that you are not a computer savvy, but the Generation X (1965 – 1981) already experienced the introduction of home computers here in United States. The last generation, Generation Y (1982 – 1995), known as Children of Baby Boomers, are extremely computer savvy. Today you will find some individuals of this generation on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and others.
This means that if your business doesn’t have a website, you are loosing this big fraction of the market.
Your Business Website
The first place in which your prospective clients will search for information is the Internet. The Internet helps to give Credibility ( C ) to your business:
- It is through your business’ website that you will be known in marketing.
- It is not a static brochure, but dynamic with updated information about you, your team, your services, and the company.
- A site is where people will extract everything they need to know to make a decision for contracting your services.
- Your business website is a vehicle that increases Visibility (V).
- It is a permanent marketing tool which allows your business to be visible 24/7.
- It is a place where your company can interact with your clients, exchange ideas, find out their needs and wishes, and also serves as a place which you can use to educate them.
Having a website for your business is worth the money.
You can present your business in a “clear” and “concise” way, and an online presence shows that you have eyes in the future. Your clients don’t need to drive and park the car to know more about you and your business.
To ensure maximum success, combining Credibility with the aspect of Visibility is an essential component in the steps taken toward Profitability.